Can’t lose weight? The answer is in making sure you get the right amount of sleep, which is 7-9 hours for adults. Lacking even just 1.5 hours of sleep makes it harder for you to shed pounds and you may even gain more. Here are the various ways it does that:
Sleep deprivation creates an imbalance in specific hormones
The two main hormones responsible for our hunger are ghrelin and leptin. The first triggers hunger while the other prompts fullness. When you lack sleep, the brain releases more ghrelin while decreasing the other, making you think you need more food than you do. Staying awake for more hours also means increased chances of eating more, like snacking after dinner.
You make poor food choices and give in to cravings
The brain’s frontal lobe needs enough rest in order to function well. This is the part of the brain used when making decisions and exercising self-discipline. Your pleasure center also tends to be easily activated when you’re sleep deprived, encouraging you to indulge in unhealthy food. Have you noticed how you crave more salty food when you’re stressed?
You feel exhausted
Despite how much self-discipline you have and still manage to work out, you won’t be able to do as much in the long run as you would’ve if you had sufficient rest at night. Studies show that getting the right amount of sleep improves your overall performance during physically strenuous activities. Also, you’ll notice you feel more stressed because of a spike in cortisol, the stress hormone.
Your resting metabolic rate (RMR) decreases
Did you know your body naturally burns calories while you’re doing nothing? Sadly, this drastically slows down when you lack sleep. It decreases by 5% the morning after an all-nighter and by another 20% after a meal. You also start to lose muscle, which is responsible for burning the fat while you’re in rest mode.
Your chances of gaining more fat and diabetes increase
Our body needs sugar to create energy and it relies on a hormone, called insulin, to be absorbed into the different cells from the bloodstream. When the body lacks sleep, it rejects insulin and your body will try to produce more to replace the unused ones. The extra insulin tells your body it’s still hungry. Then, instead of burning the calories, it stores them as fat.
The next time you think sacrificing an hour or two of sleep to work out is a good idea, read through this article one more time. You could also just remind yourself that less sleep means more fat and other health problems. Let your body have that much-needed shut-eye by going to sleep just a few minutes earlier than your usual bedtime. Eventually, you’ll get back to sleeping through 7-9 hours easily.
From ROCKACTIVE.com we want our customers to enjoy an unforgettable shopping experience, therefore, our team is responsible for selecting the best products to guarantee a quality purchase.
As part of the experience, we know that on some occasions we will not be able to fulfill all your expectations, so we offer you service returns and refunds that will allow you to continue to enjoy shopping with us.
Our customers have the right to return the product within 14 natural days. This term will expire on the 14 natural days of the day the product has been received by the customer.
1) DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR ORDER
- In the unfortunate event that the product is defective. (Its clearly broken and unusable)
- Product received is totally different from the order. (Requested Product A Received Product B)
- The size sent is not the same as the requested one. (Customer requests size S and the product received is labeled with size M) Unless the product description states otherwise
Customer has the right to receive a new product depending of the product availability. In case the product is not available, the customer will be refunded with a Store Credit or for the total amount.
2) PRODUCT DOESN'T FIT THE EXPECTATIONS:
- The selected size does not fit the customer's measurements.
- Customer simply want a change for another product or return it.
- Patterns have some variations according with the picture.
- Color is slightly different from the picture.
- Material quality is not exactly what customer wants.
We may choose to offer a DISCOUNT CODE of 75% of the value of the product in exchange for the customer keeping the item, therefore avoiding possible shipping and customs costs.
3) CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR A CHANGE OR RETURN:
- No refund requests will be accepted by email, chats or any other method.
- No refund requests will be accepted after 14 natural days for any reason.
- Return shipping costs are the customer's responsibility.
- We'll refund only to the same payment method from where customer originally pay.
- Refund or Changes will be executed once we receive the tracking number from the customer as a guarantee.
- Items that are damaged, dirty, altered, or not in their original boxes or bags will not be accepted for return.
- After we sent the refund confirmation to the customer, the refund can take between 7 to 14 business days to be reflected on your account statement.
To exercise the right to change or return the product, you must initiate the process through Change and Return Form